Gregor Fuhrmann on ORCID 0000-0002-6688-5126
16. Fuhrmann K & Fuhrmann G* (2017) Recent advances in oral delivery of macromolecular drugs and benefits of polymer conjugation Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science DOI: 10.1016/j.cocis.2017.07.002 (*GF corresponding author)
15. Fuhrmann G*, Neuer AL & Herrmann IK (2017) Extracellular vesicles – a promising avenue for the detection and treatment of infectious diseases? European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics DOI: 10.1016/j.ejpb.2017.04.005 (*GF sole corresponding author)
14. Fuhrmann G* & Stevens MM (2016) Stability of extracellular vesicles during lyophilisation – implications for their pharmaceutical use. Journal of Extracellular Vesicles 5: 30924-30940 (*GF co-corresponding author)
13. Whittaker T, Fuhrmann G & Stevens MM (2016) Purifying extracellular vesicles by size exclusion: give it a little longer. Journal of Extracellular Vesicles 5: 30924-30940
12. Santos L, Fuhrmann G, Juenet M, Amdursky N, Horejs C-M, Campagnolo P & Stevens MM (2015) Extracellular stiffness modulates the expression of functional proteins and growth factors in endothelial cells. Advanced Healthcare Materials 4: 2056-2063
11. Fuhrmann G1, Herrmann IK1 & Stevens MM (2015) Cell-derived vesicles for drug therapy and diagnostics: opportunities and challenges. Nano Today 10: 397-409 (1GF and IH with equal contribution)
10. Fuhrmann G*, Serio A, Mazo M, Nair R & Stevens MM (2015), Active loading into extracellular vesicles significantly improves the cellular uptake and photodynamic effect of porphyrins. Journal of Controlled Release 205: 35-44 (*GF co-corresponding author)
9. Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2014) Improving the stability and activity of oral therapeutic enzymes - recent advances and perspectives. Pharmaceutical Research 31:1099-1105
8. Fuhrmann G, Grotzky A, Lukic R, Matoori S, Luciani P, Zhang B, Yu H, Walde P, Schlüter AD, Gauthier MA & Leroux J-C (2013) Sustained gastrointestinal activity of dendronized polymer-enzyme conjugates. Nature Chemistry 5: 582–589.
This work was highlighted in Nature Chemistry News and Views (2013, 5:557–558), in Chemistry World (Hairy proteins survive stomach trip) and ETH Life (July 2013), and featured in Chimia, the magazine of the Swiss Chemical Society (2013, 67:685–686).
7. Matoori S, Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2012) Celiac disease: a challenging disease for pharmaceutical scientists. Pharmaceutical Research 30:619-626
6. Pinier M, Fuhrmann G, Galipeau H, Rivard H, Murray JA, David CS, Tuckova L, Drasarova H, Leroux J-C & Verdu EF (2012) The copolymer P(HEMA-co-SS) binds gluten and reduces immune response in gluten-sensitized mice and human tissues. Gastroenterology 142: 316-325.e12.
5. Matoori S, Fuhrmann G, Jessica D Schulz & Leroux J-C (2012) Gluten binden und spalten - neue adjuvante Therapiemöglichkeiten für Zöliakie. Swiss Medical Forum 12:716–717
4. Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2011) In vivo fluorescence imaging of exogenous enzyme activity in the gastrointestinal tract. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 108:9032-9037.
This work was highlighted in numerous daily newspapers in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, in coeliac disease fora, and in ETH Life (August 2011).
3. Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2010) In vitro evaluation of the stability of proline-specific endopeptidases under simulated gastrointestinal conditions. Journal of Controlled Release 148:e37-e39.
2. Pinier M1, Fuhrmann G1, Verdu E, & Leroux J-C (2010) Prevention measures and exploratory pharmacological treatments of celiac disease. American Journal of Gastroenterology 105:2551-2561 (1MP and GF with equal contribution)
1. Bastiat G, Plourde F, Motulsky A, Furtos A, Dumont Y, Quirion R, Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2010) Tyrosine-based rivastigmine-loaded organogels in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Biomaterials 31:6031-6038
Saarland University Campus E8.1
Our research is supported by the NanoMatFutur programme from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Project BEVA