27. Richter M, Fuhrmann K & Fuhrmann G* (2019) Evaluation of the storage stability of extracellular vesicles. Journal of Visualized Experiments, 147:e59584
26. Thery C, Witwer K […] Fuhrmann G et al. (2019) Minimal Information for Studies of Extracellular Vesicles 2018 (MISEV): an update of the MISEV2014 guidelines. Journal of Extracellular Vesicles, 8:1535750
25. Schulz E, Goes A, Panter F, Koch M, Garcia R, Müller R, Fuhrmann K & Fuhrmann G* (2018) Biocompatible bacteria-derived vesicles show inherent antimicrobial activity. Journal of Controlled Release 290:46
24. Fuhrmann G* (2018) Luminal coating of the intestine. Nature Materials 17:754
23. Frank J, Richter M, De Rossi C, Lehr CM, Fuhrmann K & Fuhrmann G* (2018) Extracellular vesicles protect glucuronidase model enzyme during freeze-drying. Scientific Reports 8:12377
22. Goes A & Fuhrmann G* (2018) Biogenic and biomimetic carriers as versatile transporters to treat bacterial infections. ACS Infect Diseases 4:881
21. Fuhrmann G* (2018) Experimental therapies for coeliac diseases. Pharmakon 6(2):44
20. Fuhrmann G, Chandrawati R et al. (2018) Engineering extracellular vesicles with the tools of enzyme prodrug therapy Advanced Materials 30:1706616
19. Fuhrmann K & Fuhrmann G* (2017) Recent advances in oral delivery of macromolecular drugs and benefits of polymer conjugation Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science 31:67 (*GF corresponding author)
18. Frank J & Fuhrmann G* (2017) Best before - lyophilisation as novel storage alternative for extracellular vesicles Journal of Extracellular Vesicles 6:sup1, DOI: 10.1080/20013078.2017.1310414 (*GF corresponding author)
17. Fuhrmann G*, Neuer AL & Herrmann IK (2017) Extracellular vesicles – a promising avenue for the detection and treatment of infectious diseases? European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics 118:56 (*GF sole corresponding author)
16. Fuhrmann G* & Stevens MM (2016) Stability of extracellular vesicles during lyophilisation – implications for their pharmaceutical use. Journal of Extracellular Vesicles 5: 30924-30940 (*GF co-corresponding author)
15. Whittaker T, Fuhrmann G & Stevens MM (2016) Purifying extracellular vesicles by size exclusion: give it a little longer. Journal of Extracellular Vesicles 5: 30924-30940
14. Liu M, Fuhrmann G, Johansen P, Leroux J & Gauthier MA (2016) "Bio-hybrid" therapeutics. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology doi: 10.3389/conf.FBIOE.2016.01.00919
13. Santos L, Fuhrmann G, Juenet M, Amdursky N, Horejs C-M, Campagnolo P & Stevens MM (2015) Extracellular stiffness modulates the expression of functional proteins and growth factors in endothelial cells. Advanced Healthcare Materials 4: 2056-2063
12. Fuhrmann G1, Herrmann IK1 & Stevens MM (2015) Cell-derived vesicles for drug therapy and diagnostics: opportunities and challenges. Nano Today 10: 397-409 (1GF and IH with equal contribution)
11. Fuhrmann G*, Serio A, Mazo M, Nair R & Stevens MM (2015), Active loading into extracellular vesicles significantly improves the cellular uptake and photodynamic effect of porphyrins. Journal of Controlled Release 205: 35-44 (*GF co-corresponding author)
10. Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2014) Improving the stability and activity of oral therapeutic enzymes - recent advances and perspectives. Pharmaceutical Research 31:1099-1105
9. Fuhrmann G, Gauthier MA & Leroux J-C (2013) Polymer-enzyme conjugates for oral drug delivery applications. Chimia 67:685-686
8. Fuhrmann G, Grotzky A, Lukic R, Matoori S, Luciani P, Zhang B, Yu H, Walde P, Schlüter AD, Gauthier MA & Leroux J-C (2013) Sustained gastrointestinal activity of dendronized polymer-enzyme conjugates. Nature Chemistry 5: 582–589.
This work was highlighted in Nature Chemistry News and Views (2013, 5:557–558)
7. Matoori S, Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2012) Celiac disease: a challenging disease for pharmaceutical scientists. Pharmaceutical Research 30:619-626
6. Pinier M, Fuhrmann G, Galipeau H, Rivard H, Murray JA, David CS, Tuckova L, Drasarova H, Leroux J-C & Verdu EF (2012) The copolymer P(HEMA-co-SS) binds gluten and reduces immune response in gluten-sensitized mice and human tissues. Gastroenterology 142: 316-325.e12.
5. Matoori S, Fuhrmann G, Jessica D Schulz & Leroux J-C (2012) Gluten binden und spalten - neue adjuvante Therapiemöglichkeiten für Zöliakie. Swiss Medical Forum 12:716–717
4. Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2011) In vivo fluorescence imaging of exogenous enzyme activity in the gastrointestinal tract. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 108:9032-9037.
This work was highlighted in numerous daily newspapers in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, in coeliac disease fora, and in ETH Life (August 2011).
3. Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2010) In vitro evaluation of the stability of proline-specific endopeptidases under simulated gastrointestinal conditions. Journal of Controlled Release 148:e37-e39.
2. Pinier M1, Fuhrmann G1, Verdu E, & Leroux J-C (2010) Prevention measures and exploratory pharmacological treatments of celiac disease. American Journal of Gastroenterology 105:2551-2561 (1MP and GF with equal contribution)
1. Bastiat G, Plourde F, Motulsky A, Furtos A, Dumont Y, Quirion R, Fuhrmann G & Leroux J-C (2010) Tyrosine-based rivastigmine-loaded organogels in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Biomaterials 31:6031-6038
Saarland University Campus E8.1
Our research is supported by the NanoMatFutur programme from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Project BEVA
Other funding schemes:
- Volkswagen Foundation
- Marie-Curie Actions
- Phospholipid Research Center